Deadline: Midnight Sunday, October 15, 2017
Local, national and international artists are invited to submit proposals for performative works to be presented as part of the M:ST 9 Festival in October 2018. M:ST encourages the submission of innovative performances, exhibitions, media, audio and site-specific works, public interventions, residencies, workshops, lectures, and panel discussion based proposals.
About the M:ST Festival
Since its inception in 2001, the Mountain Standard Time Performative Art Festival has showcased challenging, diverse, and interdisciplinary performative works. M:ST ensures that the exceptional quality of performative art is recognized and sustained in the Southern Alberta region. M:ST Festivals are presented through the collaborative efforts of several Southern Alberta arts organizations. For more information about our history please refer to mstfestival.org.
Proposals are selected through a peer review process by the M:ST Programming Committee. The Committee consists of local artists, writers, and curators who have extensive visual, performance and media art backgrounds. Proposals will be selected based on consideration of the following criteria: artistic merit of the proposed project, fit with the M:ST mandate, feasibility of the proposed budget, and the ability of M:ST and its member organizations to provide appropriate space/support for the project.
All submissions must include the following
- Proposal (maximum 2 pages): Clearly describe the proposed exhibition or project. Provide details about your spatial and material requirements, including equipment needs. Explain what kind of venue is best suited to your proposed work (gallery, theatre, off-site, public space, etc.).
- Artist statement (maximum 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages): Include accurate contact information and describe your artistic background. (e.g. education, grants, scholarships or awards received, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, press, critical writing etc.)
- Budget: Provide a detailed budget that explains the costs involved in presenting your project. Budget lines may include travel, accommodation, artist fees, volunteer honorariums, material and production costs, equipment rentals, shipping expenses, etc. Contingent on sufficient funding, M:ST will cover artist travel/shipping, accommodation and per diems as well as pay artist and speaker fees. Support for production costs will generally be the responsibility of the artist. Additional costs will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- Support Material:
- Maximum 15 numbered digital images. Images should be .jpeg files, 1024 pixels on longest side, 72 dpi, and no larger than 1MB per file.
- Maximum 2 video or audio files: Maximum 10 minutes in length. Links to video hosting websites, such as Vimeo, YouTube, or Dropbox will be accepted.
- Corresponding Documentation List with artist name, title, date, medium and dimensions (if applicable).
- You may also submit up to 2 other items of relevant support material (i.e. diagrams, articles, reviews, press clippings). These are optional, and should only be provided if they relate directly to your proposal.
Applications will be accepted by email only and must be Mac OS X compatible, submissions sent by post will not be accepted. All written support should be sent as a single PDF document. Send PDFs and JPEGs to email@example.com before midnight on Sunday October 15, 2017, with the subject line ATTN: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS.
To download the call, click here.